Accomplished, energetic and bilingual Agile Adoption Transformation Agent and Coach with 17 years of experience delivering value in rapidly evolving and dynamic environments. Experienced on traditional project management methodologies, Agile, Scrum and Lean. Effective at streamlining business processes, project management operations and product development workflows with a proven record of improving profitability by helping organizations become more flexible, responsive and lean.
SIM Partners Chicago, IL 2015-2017
Sr. Scrum Master/Agile Coach Chicago, IL
- Responsible for the companywide adoption of Agile.
- Lead the Strategic vision, implementation and training of a companywide Scalable Agile Framework
- Arbitrate Sprints, IT team’s work and Product Development’s Planning and Execution with Scrum.
- Coordinate Scrum of Scrums meetings, led planning and execution sessions ensuring alignment of project requirements, resource capacity and timelines with product roadmaps and company growth plans.
- Develop a SAFe process and tools for managing work across groups and throughout the full project lifecycle
- Lead Continuous Improvement sessions, lean practices and the adaptation of Scrum practices across teams
- Influenced changes in rituals and practices improving team collaboration and communications
- Implemented metrics and reports to help assess optimal levels of velocity, capacity, disruption and change
- Adopted Scrum rituals and practices within IT team – Increased team velocity by 200%
- Coordinated the delivery value by organizing work across agile and non-Agile teams – Launched the highest amount of (2x) clients with higher satisfaction rate in six months
- Help teams self-organized to deliver cutting edge Web/API applications and features for Velocity the most innovative platform for publishing, distributing and managing enterprise professional and location data at scale.
- Promoted and help lead the adoption of Continuos Delivery and Continuous Integration of Software expediting product feature releases from weeks into days.
- Mitigated disruption and help drive stakeholder focus on value – Launched the highest and most complex set of Web Pages, Wed/API, platform improvements and new features in nine months.
WMS Chicago, IL 2009 – 2014
Principal Project Manager 2012 – 2014
- Collaborated with PMs, developers and contractors and collaborated with product development teams and Test from initiation and through the full project lifecycle
- Led the development leaner, faster and more Agile Project Management processes and tools
- Championed a Portfolio Level cadence for managing all (400+) SW Development Projects and Roadmaps.
- Streamlined decision making, communications and the coordination of interdependencies between programs/ projects across all product development groups resolving one of WMS’s biggest problem, alignment between C-Level, business and development teams – Recovered 1000+ man hours annually
- Directed the group-wide adoption, data migration, training and transition into PlanView Enterprise. Influenced leaders to complete the largest (300+) project migration and transition in three months.
- Coordinated communications between Scrum teams, implemented best practices and helped establish consistent SAFe/Agile methodologies across teams – Improving planning, execution and reporting.
- Mastermind efficiencies and improvements for streamlining Software projects management operations. Eliminated 75% of the work and recovered 50+ man hours for each manager.
- Oversaw the implementation of Agile SDLC process and plans and set direction for resource investments, tools and process improvements projects based on impact, business value and complexity. – Recovered 50+ man hours for each program.
- Recipient of 2013 Above and Beyond and April’s Employee of the Month Awards for delivering business value solutions through software application enhancements in PlanView. The first to develop applications, web reports and UI functionality in PlanView for building software product roadmaps.
Sr. Program/Project Manager 2009 – 2012
- Coordinated detailed project scopes, arbitrated product compliance and project performance attainment to schedules and P&L, ideation through commercialization for WMS’s most profitable product line; $2M budget.
- Prioritized backlog, assigned work and managed stand up meetings, project meetings and status reports.
- Facilitated cross-functional communications, conflict resolution, engineering changes and problem solving.
- Champion process change initiatives and established a culture of continuous improvement for the group. Implemented efficiencies and eliminated waste – Recovered 40+ man hours for each project
- Developed a Kanban board and Re-engineered the Product Development processes leveraging lean and agile methodologies improving project execution. Implemented KPI metrics to assess project and resource performance. – 25% of projects completed ahead of plan
- Engineered product design solutions, technology enhancements and cost reduction opportunities resulting in ~15% power reduction and 3-5% BOM savings – Estimated $1Ks in material savings for each project
- Managed stakeholder expectations, motivated teams and coordinated efforts mitigating 4-8 week schedule overruns to meet production within 2 weeks of planned dates – 95% of projects completed on time
- Inventor – Patent 8545305 Awarded on 10/1/13
ZF Electronics Pleasant Prairie, WI 2006 – 2009
PMO Project/Program Manager
- Managed new and existing software and hardware product development projects/programs.
- Led, coordinated and promoted PMO business process change and continuous improvement initiatives
- Collaborated with OEM-clients, sales, marketing and engineering on the development of new product concepts.
- Crafted charters, preliminary contracts RFP and RFQ for new and existing businesses and customers.
- Coordinated projects with cross-functional teams in Mexico and China for customers in USA and Europe.
- Developed Business Opportunities securing over $200 K in additional business in Europe and USA.
- Created a program phase approval checklist and led PMO’s transition and process implementation efforts.
- Improved project planning, execution and status reporting – Saved 10+ man hours for each project
- Crafted the web-based PM governance for organizing project/program book information using SP 2007.
Continental AG Deer Park, IL 1998 – 2006
- Lead Engineer/Sr. Engineer/Project Manager
- Accountable to Sr. Management for the completion of all phases of the programs initiation through launch.
- Responsible for the product compliance with design, validation and production quality processes and standards
- Mastermind the design and led product development of a single hardware platform replacing all production and service product lines for Daimler-Chrysler Jeep-Truck ETC – FS of $50M. Estimated $3M savings.
Agile and Project Management Education, Certifications and Training
- CSPO – Certified Scrum Product Owner – Dec 2016
- ACP – PMI – Agile Certified Practitioner – May 2016
- Agile Consultant and Founder of 3ptstoBeAgile.com
- CSM – Certified Scrum Master – May 2013
- PMP – PMI – Project Management Professional – Jun 06.
- ESI Associate Certificate in Project Management (George Washington University), Jan 04.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) – UPR – Mayagüez Campus